Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fiddler(: Misses and Thank You's

It kills me to know that I no longer have play practice anymore...I mean for months we went over the same flipping scenes over and over and over again making them perfect. And now that the play is over, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself anymore! I guess I'll just have to start another book series again and wait for that movie to come out haha. But the point is that I am definitly going to miss everyone. I became really close with people who arent even close to my age!! I mean a 5th grader has now made my Best Friend list and a Senior actually talks to me now... pretty dorky for a Freshmen, I know, but I truly am going to miss everybody!!! I am going to cry because in next year's play we are losing 2 beloved and INSANELY talented Actresses, Rebecca Botter and Hannah Layman who have been involved with plays for as long as I can remember!

Rebecca has ALWAYS been my Inspiration for acting and I cant help but smile when she is on stage because she is amazing at what she does...I feel kind of unworthy when we have a scene together or we are on stage at the same time because I feel like she just over powers me so much and she is so blessed to have this amazing talent that I can only dream about having! and if I was to pick any actress that was my favorite out of anyone...it would MOST DEFINITLY be her!!!! Rebecca is such a sweetheart and I am captivated when she is on stage..she lights up the room with her personality and Jesus loving heart and she is always in charecter no matter what chaos was around...If the whole curtain fell down around her she would still keep on with her charecter...She is so focused in everything she does and she strives to make her performance perfect and I am learning to do the same because of her example...In this year's play, Fiddler On The Roof, she played Tzeitel, the eldest daughter of Tevye... and I, Yente the Matchmaker, was supposed to arrange a match for her. I originally chose for her Lazar Wolf, the Butcher, but by her perfomance on stage I felt bad about trying to pair her up with Lazar Wolf even if it wasn't real!! She was meant for Motel(Thomas) and thats how it turned out(: I'm going to miss Rebecca's spunky,uplifting,Firecracker performances and I am going to cry my eyes out when she leaves for college!!! Rebecca Botter if you happen to read this, I want you to know that you Inspire me and you make me want to work harder and you are turning into being my hero and for that, I thank you(:

Anyway, I am going to miss alot of things and it almost brings me to tears when I think about it! I am most definitly going to miss Hayden giving me a hug before performances and whispering in my ear, "Do Work." I am going to miss Jeffrey's random hugs and our awesome handshake that consisted of banging our fists against each others and him telling me "ROCK IT OUT!!You are going to do Awesome!!" I am going to miss me and Katie Kelly's inside joke...I am going to miss our Coloring Table, Trey's constant obsession with Eden, Ayana's laughter,Justin's beard, our whole dressing room singing Stronger at the top of our lungs, Jack and Thomas' intrusions when they came looking for Annie, Lizzie's mustache, Emily and Katie's sweetness, Me and Kaylan's insane coloring,Craig and Frank coloring trees and dragons, Mrs. Talley's pep talks, Botter's walk, Thomas' awesome flip,Logan's repetition of my one line as soon as I get off stage, Mike the Sound guy, and who could forget Mary Katherine Fallin over the monitor during bows, andso many others, but the bottom line is I miss everyone dearly and as much as we hated practice and doing these scenes over and over again, and staying till 11:30 at night but, it was so worth it those performance nights!

Mr. Travis, I would like to say thank you for everything you have done!! You helped me so much along with others and I thank you for getting that insane Yente out of me! You made my charecter come alive and I could have never done that alone.You were always there for the constant encouragement and even for make-up mishaps and I appreciate that. You have always been and always will be a musical Genius to me and and by your life, I strive to be a better Christian and I just want to say Thank You for Everything!

I'm going to do the same as Rebecca and put this on a tweet for all my Fiddler cast to see how much I love them!! Because no way can this fit in 140 Charecters!!!! haha also check out Rebecca's blog "I Can't Believe It's Not Botter!" link on her twitter page...because apparently Copy and Paste has failed me!!

2 comments:

  1. As said before, 140 characters just won't do. This post sums up Fiddler so well! (and I didn't know you have a blog! Bloggers unite!) Haley, I just want to say that it was an honor to work with You. You are so sweet and hardworking and you have so much potential. The audience ate you up every performance and you were SO funny. Im so glad you did the show this year because that means that I got to share the stage with a rising star. I can't wait to come back to the show next year and the next and tell you "I told you so" because I know you are going to become even more fabulous. You have a knack for the stage and did so well in this years show (and I'm not just saying that). Reading this definitely made me miss the Fidder Family even more! Thanks so much for all of your sweet words (I definitely don't feel like I deserve them) that encouragement was actually really needed as I go and fight something even more scary then stage fright, college auditions. Have an awesome spring break, you are so precious girl.
    Mucho love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading it Rebecca! Im going to miss you a bunch in next years play and I will most definitly be praying for you for college auditions! your Charlie Brown monolgue was histarical!! I could not stop laughing! but I hope you have an amzing Spring Break! see ya soon!(: Love you too!

      Delete